Business Strategy, Sales and Marketing
mdi Consultants has on staff a number of industry seasoned business strategy executives who have led organizations through tough and challenging business issues involving Business Strategy, Sales and Marketing issues. These business strategy executives are available to help you across a number of difficult issues across the following topics:
Business Strategy Development
strategy is composed of answering three critical questions:
- Where should I compete?
- How should I compete?
- When should I compete?
Answering each of these questions require carefully-thought out fact-based analyses that are grounded in deep industry and product knowledge. Many companies make the mistake of beginning strategic analysis from inside-out. mdi Consultants has many seasoned strategic consultants with industry knowledge who can help you assess the key external market dynamics and identify the key strategies to help you win in your industry. In particular we can help you to perform:
- MARKET DEFINITION – identify customers, products, competitors, methods of competition and key success factors
- MARKET SIZING AND GROWTH ANALYSES – size specific markets, understand key trends and growth drivers
- COMPETITIVE ANALYSES – understand competitive environment, assess competitors’ strategies, strengths and weaknesses
- STRATEGIC PROCESS MANAGEMENT – assist managers across business units to create individual strategies, run workshops to achieve collective agreement on strategies
Do you have any of the following problems?
- There is a huge range in achievement of quota across your sales force
- Sales force complaints that their time in front of the customer is decreasing
- High sales force turnover
- Sales force morale is decreasing
- Your sales force gets to the customer, but is having trouble closing deals
- You don’t know what your lead or deal pipeline really looks like
- Sales velocity (sales cycle) is stagnant or lengthening
mdi has sales executives and sales consultants on staff that can help you address many of these and other issues. Our services span the following areas:
- SALES ORGANIZATION – account team structure, sales coverage definition
- SALES COMPENSATION AND REWARDS
- SALES TOOLS AND SUPPORT
- SALES RECRUITING, TRAINING AND COACHING
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS – key/global account structure creation, sales plan development, channel management, doctor management
- SALES OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT – pipeline management systems, win/loss analyses, revenue recognition issues
We have developed a sales diagnostic tool that will analyze your operations and compare it to best practice companies.
Contact us to discuss using our tool and helping to identify key areas where you can increase your sales effectiveness.
mdi can help you with a variety of key marketing issues including the following:
- BUSINESS MARKETING STRATEGY – customer segmentation, target segment identification, value proposition creation, and overall messaging development
- PRODUCT MARKETING – identification of customer needs within a product, competitive marketing analyses, channel analyses, pricing effectiveness and product messaging/positioning (e.g. features vs. benefits)
- MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS – development of brochures, videos, sales presentations, point of sale items, packaging/labeling design, convention programs, and advertising programs
- EFFECTIVE MARKETING STRATEGY – implement a system to analyze the effectiveness of your marketing spend (e.g. what return do you get from your convention programs?)
- MARKET RESEARCH – customer focus groups, customer surveys, customer behavior analyses